Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Week 9: Extra Credit #3



I just saw this on the Ads of the World website. Monopoly advertisements! I've never seen Monopoly advertised before. I always thought that it was given that everyone had a Monopoly board game in their home. If not, then you were obviously not in the loop.

Anyways, it took me a bit to understand why the advertisements were in these red and green settings, but it all makes sense now! Do you get it?

Remember playing monopoly and building hotels on there. Yeah, do you recall the colors of those little houses? They were red and green. If you didn't get what color represented what, well... it pretty much is shown on the advertisements above. The red is of course, cheaper than staying in the green one. I think you also have to have 4 red ones in order to get a green one. I don't really remember....

I think the colors are a nice touch to the advertisement and definitely makes you think about it too. You know that it's not reality to have a place that is all red and all green. (My mom tells me that having a red bedroom makes a person unable to sleep... not sure if that's true, but I'm definitely not allowed to have a red room *sigh*) But, the advertisement makes you believe that it's realistic for you to "own it all" with the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment